Get to Know Ms. Dawn
Dawn Winkelmann is a Speech Language Pathologist and pediatric Feeding Specialist who has worked for over 24 years, with children who struggle to eat. She is the owner of her private practice, where she provides in-home feeding therapy and online parent coaching. She is the Feeding Expert for celebrity influencer, Jamie Grayson (@TheBabyGuyNYC) with whom she co-hosts a monthly webinar. Ms. Dawn is the co-author of the book, Making Mealtime ezpz, which has been highlighted on The View with Whoopie Goldberg and is sold at Nordstrom’s, Bed Bath & Beyond, and Amazon. She is the inventor of several feeding products including a baby led weaning cup and spoon, called the Tiny Cup and Tiny Spoon, respectively. She is a blogger and feeding product designer for ezpz and consults with other pediatric brands providing expert advice on product design and marketing from a medical perspective.
Ms. Dawn's Expertise
Dawn’s areas of expertise are in baby led weaning (BLW), picky eating, and feeding children with medical or special needs. She has certificates in over a dozen feeding methods and has completed advanced training in the following areas of feeding and swallowing therapy:
- “Get Permission Approach” by Marsha Dunn Klein, OTR/L MED FAOTA
- “Feeding the Whole Child Mealtime Approach” by Suzanne Evans Morris, Ph.D.
- “SOS Approach to Feeding” by Dr. Kay Toomey
- “CAN-EAT Approach” by Krisi Brackett, M.S, CCC-SLP
- “Sensory-Motor Approach” by Lori Overland, M.S, CCC-SLP
- “Food Chaining Approach” by Cheri Fraker, M.S, CCC-SLP
- “NICU Swallowing and Feeding Approach” by Catherine Shaker, M.S, CCC-SLP
Ms. Dawn has spoken about pediatric feeding, swallowing, and baby led weaning (BLW) across the United States, China, and Europe. Through her lively and playful presentations, audiences get a sense of her passion and walk away knowing more about all things feeding. When she is not speaking, inventing, treating, or teaching, she enjoys gaming and hiking in Colorado with her husband and blue heelers.